Friday, August 13, 2010

I don't know how they do it, but they DO IT

Hello,
This last week has been interesting for me and I'm sure all the rest of my MP's (Milești peeps). I have been hanging out with my host brothers who are probably two of the most well known and loved people in town. Last Saturday at the Disco-Tech my bro Artur(sp?) left for a little while only to return with a huge case of beers for everyone. He just walked around the club and handed it out. I'm not sure, but I think that may have something to do with why everyone loves those two so much.
On Thursday I was out again with my brothers and their friends and I was invited to my brothers girlfriend's birthday party. I was very excited because all of her friends are the typical standard of Moldovan girl.... Beautiful. So I obviously accepted the invitation. So on Friday I had Suzette help me find an appropriate gift for the party and I ended up buying chocolates with brandy in them. Who knew people made chocolate with alcohol.
At about 7 my brothers and I headed over to the home of the birthday girl (I still cant understand her when she says her name so I'll call her the birthday girl) and got the party started! I forgot my camera as usual, but it was really cool. I had heard stories and seen pictures of Masa's, but had never been to one. It is basically a table with to many people sitting around it and WAY to much food on it. It's was like thanksgiving, but more food. So we ate, danced, ate some more, danced some more, then ate again. After that we went to the disco-tech just for good measure.
One little rant... I don't know how to dance to techno music!!!!! I just learned how to dance, amazingly, in America! Now I have to learn how to dance all over again. Everyone is like "Matt, you don't need to be afraid to dance with us. We are all friends!" So I try to dance, but here the boys don't dance with girls. When I try to dance jaws hit the floor because I try to dance with one of the girls! I need to learn how to dance with myself. Oh and when I do get a girl to dance with me they say "Matt! thats enough!" hahahaha I need to knock the DJ out and play Grind on me by Pretty Ricky just to teach them how we do it in 'merica! So, long story short. I need to go to the disco-tech and pretend I have glow sticks or whatever those crazy kids are doing in the cracked out underground dance clubs in the States. Maybe I'll watch some youtube videos and teach myself to dance Techno. That way all the women will be droppin (insert phrase from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBRL7D0wcXM).
I am going fishing either tomorrow or Sunday so I'll bring my camera and take some pictures of Jaws on the end of my line.

No comments:

Post a Comment